arrow_upward
Where to start?
I've been interested in programming for a while but I'm not sure exactly where to begin, I've used a couple apps and websites to learn basic things like html formatting, but without the tools laid out in front of me, I could never explain what to do. Where did you guys learn at? What languages would you start with? Anything you wish you knew beforehand?

Automate the boring stuff by Al Sweigart is a good way to start. If you google that, his book on the website is free through creative commons. He also has a Udemy class that often goes for $10.

[+] 2 users Like escafan123x's post
I'm a professional programmer, so my question to you before I start handing out advise is: what kind of programs do you want to build? Websites? Mobile apps? Games? The resources definitely differ depending on what you're looking to make.

start with python, good for almost everything and relatively simple

javascript and c(way harder but will learn a lot more) are decent choices too

Hi, where can i start with learning C? keen to program softwares

Maybe try your hand at some of the free data camp courses

As IWant mentioned above it really depends on what you want to leave -- by the sounds of it webdev is your interest, so look around at Javascript / Php intro guides or different weblanguages on learnxiny.com to get a general feel for the syntax and basic of a language and then try to make a pet project based on something you'd want to exist