arrow_upward
Why do people drink?
I have always thought deeply about this question. Alcohol lis basically liquid poison that we inject directly through our mouths into our bodies despite its numerous fault we consume it like it's nothing. We drink this substance because it makes us feel better? is this really the best reason we have? it makes us feel better temporarily and we wake up really bad the next day. Let me know what you think about this as this is something i constantly think about.

It’s a drug. Makes ppl feel good, social, and even tho there are consequences later on it’s all about enjoying the present

[+] 1 user Likes Jonjay228's post
Social enjoyment. It's also a taste that does grow on you

[+] 1 user Likes pumpkinbreeze's post
Some people enjoy the taste of a nice beer, wine, whiskey, etc.

[+] 1 user Likes nissyack's post
I do love the stuff, but it is a homewrecker and way to many ppl get ruined by it. And that is sad. I myself love beer and whiskey, and some rum. Its nice to come home after a days work and put your feet up and just relax and have a beer.

Alcohol is toxic and even though i do drink form time to time as well i could rather understand a prohibition of alcohol than weed for example.
But our culture is used to drink a lot and therefore no goverment would be able to actually ban it.
Some drink for enjoyment, some due to the taste, other to get beyond their shyness and some are addicted to it...

Cheers

[+] 1 user Likes harder786's post
People also drink for the taste of it. This is because something like a good glass of wine goes well with a proper meal. The eating of fermented fruits probably goes back to our early primate ancestors so we are quite well suited to metabolize ethyl alcohol. As to people ruining their lives with it everything without moderation can ruin your life. Far more people die of heart related issues do to improper diet than people of cirrhosis of the liver

[+] 1 user Likes diobono69's post
Although I do enjoy the taste of a good craft beer, I believe it has also become a habit for me. By this I mean when doing certain things, like sitting around a fire, going in the hot tub or doing yard work, I just need a beer when doing those activities.

Sometimes I like the taste, sometimes it helps me get rid of stress and sometimes it helps me socialize. Although I don't drink often since I know it ain't good, it really does help me in various situations.

[+] 1 user Likes js00101's post
It's more about the company that matters!

It sucks if you get addicted, how common is that?

Its the time that you are having with your friends when drinking is what I like the most!

Old habits die hard!

I don't understand how people can enjoy the taste of alcohol but I get why they want to be drunk lol.

When i was younger, to get shit faced.
Now for social reasons, taste and to get drunk.

Addiction?