arrow_upward
Why do people enjoy football?
I've never really watched football and it enjoyed it. I've only ever watched it to see the trailers for certain movies or shows I liked. If you're a football fan, why do you like it?

American or European?

[+] 1 user Likes twopints's post
American football

A lot of people like having a team to root for and getting together to watch the game with the boys. Plus big tackles or tough passes are entertaining.

[+] 1 user Likes whammabamma's post
Last time I was really into football was when my city's team won the superbowl. That was about 20 years ago. I kinda idly watched the XFL this year but lost interest quickly. I don't know...football just doesn't have the constant action I feel hockey does. I enjoy the highlight reels, if that counts for anything. It's just all the inaction I can't stand, so I'll watch it just fine if something is always occurring instead of the long time outs and breaks.

It's a fast paced, aggressive sport. I like it enough, but don't watch super frequently.

To be honest anything can happen in 90mins but mostly limbs

Game of strategy.

A lot of small towns tend to revolve around their high school football teams in the fall. I think that builds a love for the game that gets people watching colleges they like or attended then watching the best of the best play in the NFL.

Football and basketball are fast paced, if like bideo games like dota or league of legends think of it like a team wkth roles and plays. The level of team coordination is great to watch, like the qb has options, the opposition tries to gank the one with the ball, hard hits, etc.

It’s just an overall good game

I think many people like it because it is a sport that can be played anywhere with a simple tool

Trying to get into it at the moment