arrow_upward
Why doesn't Minecraft add more content?
It’s the most sold game of all time and a huge cashcow, why don't the devs add more content, i watched a video of some concept mobs and biomes the devs came up with and it looked amazing, why don’t they add those things

[+] 1 user Likes Miciulka's post
They’ve added too much content if you ask me, I miss when there were less mechanics and it was simpler

They probably just want it to still be easy for new players. Having a bunch of stuff would probably overload them and maybe scare them away i think

Well.. they have, a lot infact. Most of the new onse I think are a bit bland, I like the bees thems is cool. But I believe around 1.8 is where they added game altering stuff and it really killed the game for a while. Just imo

Mod packs are what you want if you are looking for new content. Curseforge is a good place to start looking for the more bigger and popular packs.

wow man new player like me will have so much more to keep up if they add more content

If they add to much it can get to overwhelming for some players. Many people enjoy minecraft because it’s so simple compared to other games where you have to play 24/7 to be a good player.

I mean, the game is pretty fucking huge compared to everything added since 1.0 or even everything they had 5 years ago. They have one big update yearly, so it’s not like they don’t care. Plus there’s a ton of mods, servers, and downloadable maps to play

They do, they release upgrades every year

pretty sure as of now, there is already a new version released (1.16.5) although I havent played minecraft in a while.

Just see a summarized changelog of all the new updates, it has a lot of content and theyre planning to add more

Simply put some people want more, some want less, some want none, it's all in a balancing act