arrow_upward
Why is my contribution level going down as I post leaks
Over the week I’ve posted links that were dead and that dropped my contribution by a lot but when I posted multiple links that were actually working that dropped it even more. I did however comment on a link that I wanted to see after I got to the right contribution level. Is there any reason why my contribution keeps going down? Thanks in advance

The level goes down if the thread is moved to broken links. 1
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Lucifer NightStar's post
(22-01-2021, 06:31 PM)Lucifer NightStar Wrote: The level goes down if the thread is moved to broken links. 1

What's the rationale behind that? It's not the poster's fault if his mega link gets taken down. I think you wrote in a different thread that mega seems to be taking down links that see heavy traffic. So theoretically, someone could create a thread with a leak that becomes one of the best ever on this board, mega notices super heavy traffic, disables the user's account, his thread is moved to broken links and his contribution level goes down (to the level it was before the thread was created?)

This doesn't really incentivize new, high-quality posts. Instead we're likely to see the same recycled OF links that we're already seeing a ton of. I know one solution is uploading to an alternate hosting site, but I believe mega is the preferred hosting site of leakedbb. 

Am I missing something? As an Onyx member, contribution level doesn't matter to me. But what does matter is seeing new, high-quality leaks. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, I feel like we could see less and less if this policy continues.

Again I must apologize for my brevity.

This was a bug (unintended behavior, sort of)

Broken Links was being treated as a non leaks section, thus only assigning 5 points instead of the 25 on making a thread (or having a thread moved there.

Thus if you made a leaks thread, and then it was broken, it would take those points away.

Again this was unintended behavior and has been fixed.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Lucifer NightStar's post
I mj was wondering the same thing. Thanks for your help!

Saving this in case it happens again

I've posted several contributions yet I show a severely negative contributor level.  Is the bug still in place?  Please advise.

I don't get it. Either the system is broken, or I'm just fundamentally misunderstanding how this is supposed to work...? I've posted several leaks. My files are definitely still online (I just checked them a couple of minutes ago), but my contributor level keeps sinking lower and lower? I've tried using credits to unlock a post, only to get an error message that my contributor level was too low to unlock? How is this supposed to even work, then? Why am I posting anything at all if it's just going to cause my contributor level to fall, and I can't even use the credits I have?

[+] 1 user Likes MegaYumi's post
I also have this question. I've been a member for over a year now and still haven't been able to access a single file in this forum.

Posts say I need to reply to download stuff. I reply with my thanks, and my contribution level goes down. And now the post says I need credits. So I make an effort to contribute to the forum, track down some leaks, upload some stuff. It's not been much, but it's honest work. And I finally manage to get 10 credits. I go and use it to unlock the post I wanted in the first place. But now it says my contribution level is too low (and apparently, it needs to be somewhere around 100 to even be considered good enough, while I'm around -60 and probably going even lower now that I'm posting more). It's a negative feedback loop from hell.

I can't pay for premium. I live in a shitty third world country where it becomes hard to justify $10 for some tiddies when that pays for over half a month of food here.

[+] 1 user Likes xsssx's post
Do not post on NSFW leaks. Start posting a thread on ebooks, games, business etc,. it will decrease your negative contributor level and if someone likes your post you either get reputation or decrease your negative contribution.

How does that system make sense? If I contribute content... my contributor level drops....? If I want my contributor level to rise, I have to... not contribute content?  Dodgy
I thought this system was put in place to encourage people to share?

I'm kind of done here.  I've posted far more than my fair share and just tried spending 10 "credits" to unlock some content only to be told my "contributor" level is too low.  I'm sure this is a mistake in the algorithm, but I'd like it fixed ASAP so I can get the content that I "unlocked."

Further, I can't even message Lucifer Nightstar to let him know that there's an issue.  This is very very frustrating!

The contributor system is weird, it disincentizes posting new leaks if posting in the NSFW section will end up penalizing you anyways only to find out if you try to unlock anything you're told that your contribution level is too low. Why upload anything at all, then?

So glad i found this thread!! It's refreshing to know im not alone in a.) getting motherfuct by these algorithms & b.) getting less-than-helpful (if any) responses from the people who can fix it. They get VERY defensive & evasive and wont even acknowledge the well-documented issues!

Quote:The contributor system is weird, it disincentizes posting new leaks if posting in the NSFW section will end up penalizing you anyways only to find out if you try to unlock anything you're told that your contribution level is too low. Why upload anything at all, then?

Because the end goal is, as long as you contribute (and sometimes, it'd be a long grind), you will eventually be able to unlock, etc. I was under the same influence as you too, but over time it made sense. It's easy for people to report links if they can just see it, yknow?

Thank's for the Explantion.