arrow_upward
Will 4K monitors ever be worth it for fps games?
In competitive gaming would a 4k ever be worth using? Feel like it’s more of a single player only luxury feature.

Yes! It will be the norm before long

Depends on what fps games u are talking about cs and other competitive games will not be IMO
Tho new aaa games for sure,

Right now a 1440p is absolutely fine but in the future with newer games and better hardware u will see that everything's change.

Recently bougt a 4K monitor to play Flight Sim 2020 on. Going from a standard 28" 'HD' monitor where I thought the graphics of MSFS was incredible to going to a 4k 28" is just out of this world!

Probably. More so because of ps5

I don't think so, because at small monitor sizes the difference between 4k and 1440p is negligible. As for TVs on the other hand it could be worth it.

I think eventually, they could be worth it. That is, once 4K144hz monitors become more common. For now though, I think 1080 240 or 1440 144 is the way to go, assuming you have the means to get high frames at those resolutions.

any advantage is beneficial if you're gaming competitively.

I hope for 32 inch version of LG 27gn950

In like 5-10 years when games are configured for that resolution and by then hopefully we have 240hz 4k monitors

I feel like its only a luxury thing I dont ever see myself using a 4K monitor to game.

I give it 2-3 years and we'll be able to play 4k@144hz. Or you can play CSGO without problems right now.