arrow_upward
Will VR take over the gaming industry?
I did not played VR games before but do you guys think that it will take over the gaming industry?

Hmm, I don't think it'll take over but there will definitely be a big VR segment in the gaming industry.

Wii was suppose to be revolutionary but the gaming industry didn't follow

Yeah, just way too early. My only curiosity is if itll be like sword art online or closer to ready player one where you're conscious. I want a vr headset but the tech is still way too expensive.

too expensive not everyone is looking for realism

i have a vr headset, and its great. it is the future imo

Yes I have 0 doubt, maybe not in the next few years, but eventually yes.

It'll stay niche because a lot of people can't use VR or like the experience. It'll develop more practical use such as industrial and commercial training at lower cost and medical industry. It may be cost prohibitive for a few more years. PSVR for a full set up is still over $250 before games.

[+] 1 user Likes Quikxfl's post
I really hope so, think we are only a few years away from VR hitting it big

[+] 1 user Likes Kellmer99's post
im going to give alyx a chance, and then we'll see...

Can't wait to try Alyx tho

郭潔希 Wrote:I did not played VR games before but do you guys think that it will take over the gaming industry?
Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy 

[+] 1 user Likes Janet Lee's post
I really hope not. I want Alyx in non-VR

doubt it. Still feels like one of those niche genres

I'm sure it will be a market that grows over time. I don't see it totally replacing console/PC/handhelds for gaming, but definitely it offers an experience and interface that is difficult for other devices to do. I'm going to wait at least a few more years before I take the VR plunge. Kind of want it to get bigger and work out all of the issues before I get one.

Not likely considering the cost of it.

[+] 1 user Likes abstractmethod's post
Oculus Quest has significantly reduced the barrier to entry and I think that's going to push a whole new wave of people to try VR out. Once we get foveated rendering technology down performance should sky rocket and I think that'll really open up more immersion

I think it will remain a niche add on to RPGs

[+] 1 user Likes Spaceman22's post
Not for a while, everything needs to be lighter, wireless and affordable.
Also needs content or it will go the ways of the 3dTV.

[+] 1 user Likes smithjade90's post
i think that VR will be big, but maybe in 2 or 3 generations... i think that when it goes full emersive it will be huge.

[+] 1 user Likes altland's post