arrow_upward
Will augmented reality games ever become big?
A couple years ago Pokémon go was big and I figured that would be the start to augmented reality games, obviously I was wrong.  With the increase in vr games, will we start having more augmented reality games?  I really like the idea of a game that uses the real world as part of the gameplay.

Maybe or maybe not. I think it will be a long time till something comes that tips the scale towards augmented reality gaming. The concept of arg is neat and in thought cool. However, it can be tough to implement properly and most people want convenience in life, which is something that is better done by traditional pc/console and virtual reality gaming. You would also have to consider many real world things like geolocation, weather/climate, health safety(like the current pandemic) all things that limit play, which are mostly negligible by the other gaming alternatives.  It would be cool to see a surge in ar gaming though, but it may be awhile for it to reach its peak, the question is whether or not it already has touched maximum effect?