arrow_upward
Work From Home Tips
Does anyone have advice on how to most efficiently work from home and not have everything just blend together? Tips for making the work/life division a little more clear when you can't really leave the office?

It's been hard to actually execute, but I've been wanting to try to leave my home each morning and evening and just take a short walk to sort of create a habit that's similar to my old commute.

[+] 1 user Likes Domeffect's post
I try to take a long walk just before lunch. To me it also helps my motivation to have a close connection to my coworkers via different media platforms. If I did not do these I think it would be hard for me to keep any resemblance of structure - at least over time.

try to recreate the office routine as much as possible - set up a dedicated room where you 'work' , shower and get dressed before you start and take a normal lunch break where you leave the house for a bit

I've definitely seen this tip and it's great for people who have the home and room to do it. It's tricky for me because my most capable computer to work from is my desktop which is in my room. It's one and the same as my leisure computer and I have two roommates who are also working from home in the common area which makes it tough if we have calls to all be out there. What I've tried to do is at least alter the lighting or some aspects of my room only when I'm working to maintain that psychological separation at least.

Take breaks listen to music

Try to separate "work" and "nonwork" areas in your house. It'll help you get in the right mindset.

Staying focused is key, I have trouble with that myself.

Keep a routine on weekdays - be more relaxed on weekends

turn off all distractions such as social media, maybe work in a different location within your house

I certainly will try to get outside for at least 10 minutes twice a day