arrow_upward
Worth Going to Movie Theaters Anymore?
There have been a few movies that went direct to streaming in a PPV setting to get to recoup cost of production during the shutdown. With things opening up again it's it even worth going back out to the theaters? Why risk it? Just stay home and watch in your own comfort without others coughing on you or having to pay ridiculous prices to sit in the dark. 
The end of the movie theater experience is here.

I've felt the same way for a while, it seems like most people would prefer to just conveniently switch the tv to netflix at home and watch movies immediately, the shutdowns could be close to a final blow for theaters.

While covid continues, i agree, why risk it. But theres just something special about the whole theater having the same reaction to a scene or getting lucky and having a whole theater to yourself.

Wait for the virtual movie wave, should be here in the next 10 years

I wouldn't say it is the death of Movie Theaters yet, but it will be certainly a hit. But I like to imagine the future, as cameras cheapen and CGI gets easier, I can see a future where online stream system for movies, like STEAM, where anyone can publish what they made.

Not necessarily good material, mind you, but more varied, at least.

I miss the huge screen and surrounded sound etc...

It all depends on the movie. You can't quite replicate the experience of a big action blockbuster on an IMAX screen at home.

idek if its worth for now specially covid but maybe net year it will be more better!

Yes, because it is important to socialize

I've always loved going to theater but there's no way in hell i'm going back anytime soon with this virus going around

[+] 1 user Likes TuckFitzNSFW's post