arrow_upward
Yakuza games
Hey everybody,
looking to get into the Yakuza games, as a friend suggested them to me and I've been interested in them for quite some time already. Are the stories connected with each other, like do I have to play the first one to understand the plot of the second?
Considering the above question, what's a good title to start with?

[+] 2 users Like schokokopp's post
The stories aren't connected, however characters carry over from one game to the next.

[+] 3 users Like AllegroOrange's post
Start with Yakuza 0 and go through to Yakuza kiwami 1,2. Yakuza 3,4,5 aren't redone like kiwami so they haven't aged well imo. Yakuza 6 is great though.

[+] 3 users Like Trashtest582's post
So kiwami is basically a remake of the og 1 and 2? Sounds like a good way to get into the series, especially if the other games get remade too eventually!
Thanks for your help Smile

[+] 1 user Likes schokokopp's post
Start with Yakuza 0 and then kiwami 1 and then kiwami 2.

I currently only have PC, so wanna play yakuza 3 to 5 but I can't.

Anybody play the new one? I know the combat system is different, but does it still have the Yakuza flavor?

Yakuza 0 was the best yakuza game. Characters are very charming.

Start with yakuza 0 and get it while its still on sale!

Fun games, start with 0 or the most recent one.

Now that they're all in Game Pass, it's a series totally worth checking out.

Baka mitai ofc hahaha

I started with the 0 and is not regret anything

I started from Kiwami 1, it's different from the ps2 version?

start with zero, the stories are somewhat connected

I started with Like a Dragon and really enjoyed it, didnt feel like I was missing anything since it focuses on a new MC

Zero or Kiwami

Start with 0. Pack with action and a good introduction of the main character. Then you can play Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. After that you can play Yakuza 7 which will introduce you to the new main character and continue with like a dragon gaiden (you play as the main character from 0-6) and then you can play the latest Yakuza 8. Oh before I forgot, yakuza spin off which is judgment series are good too .you should play that too.

[+] 1 user Likes francescaanna12's post