arrow_upward
Youtube career
How do you guys feel about people on Youtube being able to make millions of dollars to play video games and essentially just make content? I watch these guys and am absolutely amazed at how successful people have become financially. Do you guys feel this is a legitimate job?

[+] 1 user Likes Homameno's post
It just shows that it is possible to make a living doing this. Just realize that only a tiny percentage of people make living doing this. The rest get peanuts or attention for what they do. One of my friends is a "professional" gamer and they make jack shit for doing the same thing. It's a potential job, but it'll take a lot of work to make it like them.

It looks easier than it is and it's not for everybody i feel.

Anyone can do it, you just have to have a plan on how to do it successfully.

It entertains people so definitely a legitimate job. As long as people continue making money out of it, more people will try to join into it and the more talented ones will shine!

Helps to have a lot of charisma and a decent business sense. I'm just shocked that people are entertained by let's plays.

Its not that easy nowadays, would better start on twitch than youtube i suppose

yeah its dead as a career, too many people want to do this and as a result every small youtuber makes close to no money at all posting content everyday...
although if you have a passionate fanbase, you could open up donations/members, but for most viewers/subscribers, they are just here to watch free content

kinda f-ed up if you think about it, youtube is the one making a fortune out of these people's content
^ this is supported by the fact that youtubers that don't even make money/don't put ads on their video still get ads on the video, and of course the profit doesnt go to them. Angry

Those youtubers are competing against thousands of others to make content and only an extremely small minority of youtubers even get to make a single penny, so its about as deserved as anyone else in the entertainment industry at least

It shows that work pays off and that anything is possible, I’d do it if enough people watched my videos lmao

It is a real job nowadays, but you have to get really lucky otherwise its gonna take too long to actually make the money.

Most have to rely on sponsors for videos

its overrated now