arrow_upward
any book nerds out here?
I've been reading Tolstoy, loving his characterization. One of the most "real" authors I've read. My favorite book of all time is Alice in wonderland because its just plain fun.

[+] 1 user Likes pippypoppy4's post
hell yeah man. 

used to read a book a week, now where do i find the time? might check out audio books. 

usually into the offbeat and fantasy ones.

any one wanna play GTA online im bored as fuck. I play on PC yeaaaa

adam douglas is pretty legit

I'm into cyberpunk myself. William Gibson (Neuromancer), Neal Stephenson (Snow Crash), Walter Jon Williams (Hardwired), the classics. Also some good new stuff too; Paolo Bacigalupi (The Windup Girl), Richard K. Morgan (Thin Air & Altered Carbon). Lot of good stuff out there.

Good time to read up now with the virus going around

I've been reading Jerusalem by Alan Moore it's pretty interesting

mark twain...

[+] 1 user Likes bugbugbug's post
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher is a good read, The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp it’s the first of three books by Rick Yancey

big book nerd here.  The Body by Bill Bryson is a pretty great book.  He is a master at explaining pretty complex things.

Free Will by Sam Harris is another one

and of course anything by Phillip K Dick is fantastic.  He is the master of Sci Fi

One of my favorite books was Hatchet in middle school

Haruki Murakami is a fantastic author, check out his work

Can't seem to quote message #2, but,..

I'm also into fantasy books. My favourite is the Iron Druid Chronicles, and recently started Magic Bites. Anything you suggest for me to go onto next?

Also if anyone knows of good alternatives to Audible that would be great too as I'm trying to lower monthly costs Big Grin

interesting recommendations

I've read and reread 1984 by George Orwell every year since I was in school. One of my all time favourites.

Women by Bukowski is not bad

Hadn’t read a book in years . I’ve read two now since the quarantine started. So that’s a positive

honestly, stephen king is good

I loved the discworld series. Great fantasy and comedy

You know the good shat mate