arrow_upward
anyone still rocking an old GPU? hows it fairing?
im still using a GTX 970, and somehow its not awful in 99% of games im playing. I can avg 80FPS on med-high 1080p, one of the longest lifespans for a GPU ive ever seen. anyone else?

I was running a GTX 770 4GB until this time last year. Worked quite well but I wanted to upgrade monitors and get into VR so I needed a upgrade.
Still think it would be a decent card for some basic 1080p 60hz gaming.

650ti, pretty bad, but the processor died first

I've had my EVGA 1080 FTW2 since 2016 and it's doing great! More of a bottleneck actually from my Intel I7 6700k Processor. Especially in CPU intensive games like Dragon Age Inquisition. I play in 1080p on my 2014 tv at 60hz and usually get around 55-80 FPS on Ultra settings using the DSR settings to upscale 1080p games to a simulated 1440p and that DSLR really drops your frame rate but the quality goes up where everything looks a bit smoother and theirs a bit less aliasing.

When the RTX 3000 series comes out I might be upgrading this card around Christmas or for the New Year. I was fine holding off when the RTX 2000 series came out as hardly any games really took any remarkable advantage from Ray Tracing and DLSS but now as we move into the next-gen of consoles and so forth I hope that the tech gets better implemented and it'll be worth investing in the RTX hype...

Or to be 100% honest, the new card leaks sure look shiny and pretty and like "they're way better"...

GT220 here since 2012 and still counting, yeah i'm poor man haha.

GTX 680 here, it's showing its age but honestly, its fine for most modern games I want to play.