arrow_upward
current state of gaming in 2021
what do you guys think about the current state of games being published in 2021?

to me the games feel very lackluster and repetitive and as if all the original ideas have been completely used up

all of the new reveals have nothing special to them

[+] 1 user Likes ioltins's post
not enough innovation imo

GTA online, walking dead on phone, warcry on phone

[+] 1 user Likes Hasselhoff337's post
There are plenty of good games out there the problem is that people rebuy games. Think from a developers perspective (you probably are). Why brainstorm and innovate when gta5 will be remastered again. Why do the research it takes to innovate when skyrim: the unique edition will sell as if it’s new? Mario 64 remaster… remaster every Zelda. While games that try literally get buried. Meanwhile Fortnite is FREE LOL is free Minecraft is 30$. There are “good” games out there but companies can’t make money on good games they actually make money on popular games. The state of gaming has the opportunity to really take advantage of the new tech but a lot of companies opt out because they know a remaster will sell… why take the risk? It’s our fault. So here’s my daily reminder. Don’t re-buy games… emulate them if you can.

Disclaimer: I rebuy a lot of games. Rebuy them if you want but understand you are perpetuating a cycle. With this knowledge I am reluctant to rebuy and think twice… but sometimes I cave. It is what it is. Hooking up the ps3 is sometimes a hassle. We’re all human. If this stops gaming has no choice but to be competitive again.

I think games like halo infinite will do good. They are going back to the older style of games that worked as well as bringing in new style stuff like battle pass

Its just the same shit as previous years. Innovative and interesting games are just a myth now

not enough innovation is just entertainment as a whole. look at movies too. its all the same franchises getting "rebooted" That being said, doesnt mean im not a sucker for the remade games and looking to jump on the nostalgia train, because i totally am.

fps games are overrun with cheaters

death loop is pretty refereshing

It's easier and cheaper not to innovate.Many brands(Call of duty,Halo,Grand Turismo and so on) are selling tons of games,and they never add any big innovations.Why should then a company invest on it?

I think there are a lot of remakes and remasters lately, and it seems like not many studios are willing to risk making new IP's. I would really like more originality and chances taken with new ideas and stories.