arrow_upward
f*ck ransomewares
changed all my files to .geno files, 50% of the cpu's processing power is being eaten by some wup.exe file, my google chrome's homepage is now some alien safesearch shit... tried everything to salvage my files, didnt work... rip memories, time to reformat

im on my midterms now and all of my progress has been wiped clean, its really heartbreaking bro

I'm truly sorry you had to go through that, was there much information on the one you were targeted by?, or was it just to difficult overall to fix?.

[+] 1 user Likes RedReticle's post
it wasn't fixable, i had to clean my laptop through factory reset. however, i zipped my photos beforehand. theyre still .geno and hardlocked but im still trying to find a decryption method for it... idc about my school documents, all i want is a chance to have my photos back... thanks for your concern btw

I see, I've never been hit with one but I imagine it is beyond frustrating. I do hope you can fully recover what you were able to backup.

[+] 1 user Likes RedReticle's post
It's been a problem, you can look up Garmin ransomware (just one example), allegedly they paid millions from that attack.

[+] 1 user Likes seedir's post
Ransomware is the worst, I hope you are able to at least recover some of the files you lost

oh damn thats terrible. Thats probably the worst.