arrow_upward
fat praise
should we praise people for looking very skinny or fat when it poses health risks?

no, this body positivity bullshit has got to stop

There shouldn't be praise but there shouldn't be abuse either. The problem is that no one acts in a happy medium. People went from bullying people for being fat to like you said fat praise.

The proper action is to let people know that they're not loving themselves by having a body that's at such an extreme rather than yell at them for being fat or forcing anything upon them

There are types of fat... I'm chubby and I know that is best to loose some weight, but I'm active, do a lot of walks, some  gym and try to eat right and my blood analysis and pressure are OK. 
My wife for the other hand, is a bit more fat that me and I like the curves that the extra fat give her but she began to have some problems detected because of her weight and we began to make a diet (because she is a bit lazy to go to the gym).

People with 100kg+ (200 pounds+) can be OK how their body looks but is a heath hazard and a disaster close to happen.

PS: the same for extra skinny, the body needs some fat to work properly and for me personally I hate girls that look like a moving skeleton.

yea.. i still think plenty of fat people look good and skinny. even if it isn't healthy. I think everyone knows by now that obesity is bad for their health. I could be wrong though.

anyways, if we are trading half of the skinny praise for fat praise then i'm fine with that. neither is healthy and it isn't my job to make anyone healthy anyways. telling people about their health is a good way to get someone ticked off at you, telling someone you like how they look/dress is a good way to compliment friends or acquaintances

None, we should praise people for being healthy. Fuck all the 'everyones perfect' shit smh

its the politically correct generation. Cellulite = beautiful!. It equals unhealthy and get your ass to the gym

djlucky71 Wrote:its the politically correct generation. Cellulite = beautiful!. It equals unhealthy and get your ass to the gym

A bit of cellulite can be pretty, is more that normal a woman have a bit of it and should not be a turn off. A woman without fat is a woman without a story and a bad company because you can get to go with her to a nice restaurant or be lazy sometimes  Wink

But as always, there is the too much and having legs and belly full of cellulite is a sign of excessive fat that will generate heath problems and should be treated.

i agree a little bit of fat and cellulite is not a turn off, but it's not a good thing. This mentality needs to go away. Lots of landwhales think they are empowered because they eat like shit

I have two recent examples that happened in my life. I posted a picture of my grandmother and me at my cousin’s wedding. Someone sent me a message saying that they were jealous of my grandmother’s size. Well, the truth is my grandmother recently lost too much weight and could not eat because my grandfather has been in a coma for the last two months.

The other example is a friend of mine who recently relapsed with anorexia. She went from being considered “overweight” to a more average weight and of course no one suspects an eating disorder in people in higher weight bodies. Well, every time she gets a compliment from an acquaintance telling her to keep it up, it’s reinforcing her eating disorder behaviors. She’s being praised for starving herself and no one knows!

The problem is that people suffer from eating disorders in ALL body sizes so you truly cannot tell when someone is suffering. You never know why someone lost weight so it’s better not to comment on it.

NO
ABSOULTYLY NOT
as others have said this should be stopped if it is not healthy then do not EVER