arrow_upward
Credit purchase, but low contributor level
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have recently posted a few threads in the leaked sub-forum (DarlingBoo content). I had enough credits to unlock a hidden link, but when i purchased the link, the bot indicated that my contributor limit was too low. 

has anyone else run into this issue? I've looked at my credit count, and it shows that i've spent 10 credits... will this link miraculously become visible once my contributor level increases?

at what level does the contributor level need to be in order for the bot to free me lol? if someone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

[+] 1 user Likes virulencefx's post
Yes once your Contributor level gets high enough you will be able to access the link that you have already purchased.

The level changes depending on the server stress level/number of online users etc. Generally between 0 -100 minimum
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

[+] 3 users Like Lucifer NightStar's post
Lucifer NightStar Wrote:Yes once your Contributor level gets high enough you will be able to access the link that you have already purchased.

The level changes depending on the server stress level/number of online users etc. Generally between 0 -100 minimum
Thanks for the clarification lucifer

what happens in the event that the repost bot’s link is taken down while I try to dig myself out of the trenches?

Lucifer NightStar Wrote:Yes once your Contributor level gets high enough you will be able to access the link that you have already purchased.

hey lucifer,

are there any plans for the forum to review the scoring of contributor level upon posting threads with actual content? 
maybe a tiered scoring system? 

general threads for conversation/forum feedback = +5 points
threads with actual content for other users to download = +10 to +20 points? 

with potential for increased contributor scores as more users interact and click on the download links?

Quote:Thanks for the clarification lucifer

what happens in the event that the repost bot’s link is taken down while I try to dig myself out of the trenches
To answer that question is: Tough luck. I had to go through that same thing because I didn't really understand the contributor level system and point system. Luckily I was only at -50, but gradually, after sharing content and whatnot I finally got the ability to buy content with credits, but the content I wanted to buy had already expired. I definitely should have checked the forum feedback page before I began to do anything, but I learned it the hard way. So just try to get a lot of contributor points really quickly (either by posting threads or responding to comments in the lounge sections) in hopes that the content you want to buy is still available. Best of luck.

[+] 1 user Likes leej0055's post
Quote:To answer that question is: Tough luck. I had to go through that same thing because I didn't really understand the contributor level system and point system. Luckily I was only at -50, but gradually, after sharing content and whatnot I finally got the ability to buy content with credits, but the content I wanted to buy had already expired. I definitely should have checked the forum feedback page before I began to do anything, but I learned it the hard way. So just try to get a lot of contributor points really quickly (either by posting threads or responding to comments in the lounge sections) in hopes that the content you want to buy is still available. Best of luck.
it seems we're not the only ones lol
thanks for the tips though - if i only get +5 contributor points with each leaked thread, looks like i'll be waiting awhile....

Quote:it seems we're not the only ones lol
thanks for the tips though - if i only get +5 contributor points with each leaked thread, looks like i'll be waiting awhile....
Are threads the only confirmed way of getting contributor points? Perhaps there's something built in that will garner more points through more activity on a thread.

very very intersting

I have posted in the lounge and other discussions but my contributor level has not increased. Is anyone else facing a similar issue?

interesting.........

Thanks I was wondering what happened to the link I purchase

Quote:it seems we're not the only ones lol
In the same boat, but it should be easier now that I understand how the system works.

Im going through the same thing idk how to fix it

thanks now we know

Sorry guys i'm a noob here Smile If i got the elite upgrade can i see the links avoiding the credits? Thanks to all

yeah i think the elite upgrade allows you to see all regular non onyx links without using credits

Wait, I'm confused about the part with the server load.
Does that mean if you purchase it during high server load and you can't see the post, you can instead wait until the server is under less stress then the post becomes available to you without repurchasing?

[+] 1 user Likes [email protected]'s post
Quote:Wait, I'm confused about the part with the server load.

Does that mean if you purchase it during high server load and you can't see the post, you can instead wait until the server is under less stress then the post becomes available to you without repurchasing?

Yeah, that's how I understand Lucifer's response. It seems like there's some sort of a sliding scale where you can view things if you have a somewhat low reputation and the server load is also low but if the sever load is high you need a higher reputation. Seems like this would be really frustrating but I suppose it may do its job because if you have a sufficiently good reputation (which is ideal) then you should be able to view things at any time.

Anyone know what your contributor level actually needs to be before you can view content?

from what i know its 0,considering that you purchase content with credits