arrow_upward
Gaming advice
I used to play a lot of games ~5 years ago, but today I’m feeling like I don’t know what’s happening anymore. I used to play skyrim, Borderlands, WoW, SC2, Portal 2, but nowadays they seem like out of trend. Can you give me and advice for which games I should look into, that are really hot today? (I can run any game, my pc is good enough)

[+] 1 user Likes newstuffBoy's post
the forest ?

Side-advice : don't attach yourself to playing what's trendy. You''ll be more susceptible to spoilers, you'll have to pay more expensive games that are less optimized and still buggy, etc.

Nowadays, story-heavy solo games have proven that they still hold up and a lot of gaming discussion is had around those. Sony's lineup (The Last of Us, the Spiderman games (less story-heavy tho^^), Horizon and the latest God of War) was instrumental in that.

If you want to play something with less story and more multiplayer, shooters don't make the news as much but are still going strong, despite the despicable monetization. No Man's Sky is talked as "absolutely great" since two years and... well each expansion is considered "what we were actually promised" and the next one still gives out more. Slow start, but that's a game about building up.

Cyberpunk I didn't care about when the hype was going strong, but when I saw the real game I was interested in... as long as bugs are corrected. You might want to check an up-to-date source about that because the game was totally broken. But it has an enormous potential.

As far as what future as to offer, without going into indies or console exclusive... The next Resident Evil seems to have gotten that the formula of 7 was a success, Halo Infinite is more Halo, albeit needing work, Hitman 3 is more of the same (which is already awesome), Deathloop is closely watched, as well as Ghostwire Tokyo.

And as far as popular multiplayer goes... You have a new challenger to League of Legends every few months. Fornite held it for more than a year but I'm not hearing about it anymore, can't tell. Fall Guys is real fun and, despite havin lost a lot of the hype-train, it still has enough players to get fun and rage out of it. But LoL always comes back at the top.

[+] 1 user Likes DennisArtart's post
maybe thats a sign to get more social idk man uk ur life better than i do if you were addicted to games this is good for you but if youre not i think fall guys is pretty fun to play with your friends

Borderlands 3 is still pretty good and came out fairly recently.

WoW Classic is exactly what it sounds like and is great

No Mans Sky used to suck but its actually amazing now

The Outer Worlds is a great RPG made by the OG Fallout people and Obsidian

If you haven't yet check out Xbox GamePass for PC, your first month is $1 and it has tons of current and popular games available
Heart MY  Heart
[Image: d2tuy8P.gif]
Heart QUEEN Heart

Valheim is a really good game that just came out a couple weeks ago.

It really depends. Multiplayer games are hot right now, with memable games like Fall Guys and Among Us being top teir right now. Highly competitive games, once they find their niche, rarely go out of style, so Fortnite, PUBG, League of Legends, Hearthstone, all of those tend to be relatively popular.

Honestly I prefer to find games I can legitimately enjoy sinking time into. I recently finished Hob, which is vaguely Zelda-like, but just has amazing atmosphere. I've been playing Avorion, which is a space shooter with strategy elements and completely destructible environments. If you liked the PC Game "Freelancer" you'd like Avorion, lots of fun in there. It's also open to multiplayer. Oh, and Satisfactory, although it's still in early access, is amazingly fun. You basically get to build these giant factories across the surface of a planet, similar to Factorio, but first person and way better graphics.

Depends on whether you're playing it for fun or actual gaming? But i guess some pretty nice games i'm currently into would be valorant (my fav fps so far), valheim, fall guys, gta?

I play alot of Rust. It's toxic as hell but so fun.

Seeing a lot of people play Valheim recently.

League is still really popular along with Valorant.
I'd recommend checking Twitch to see whats popular and ask some of the smaller streamers about the games there playing. The bigger ones usually can't reply to every question because of the busy chat.

Just play csgo and call it good