arrow_upward
Lab Grown Meat
i read an article about a cultivated rib eye steak today and thought it was interesting. i think as long as it tastes the same i would probably prefer it over farmed meat. how do you guys feel about it?

[+] 1 user Likes amudopyosido's post
Really don't mind as long as it tastes the same tbh

Yah as long as there won’t be some side effects, should be alright

Good quality meat tastes different from the way it's reared, what it's fed etc etc, so even if it's genetically the same, I imagine you'll be taking a hit in terms of taste. Still, it could be a sustainable method for the future

im assuming this is just more ethically sourced, since normal beef/meat at the moment is primarily coming from cows that are essentially tortured until they are slaughtered for meat. wont lie, i cant resist meat, but if it were to be ethically sourced like through the means of labs, i would honestly probably prefer that over normal meat, assuming it tasted the same, lol. plant-based meat products to me just have some weird taste to them that i cant get over lmao

I agree with you. But in a world where people don't have money for eat a "ethical" meat... the only solution is eat the "bad" meat of the supermarket.

if its cheap, healthy and good taste i would prefer it to be grown in the lab or even insect based

As for the taste, as long as it taste close to the real thing, nobody wouldnt mind. As for production for the public, it might take some time for everyone to have it on their palate, let alone their shopping list.

If it tastes, feels and costs the same or less I'm fine. We sometimes have meat free mince in spaghetti Bolognese and meat free chicken in curry and can't tell the difference

Not lab grown, but apparently a lot of these artificial meat burgers are actually really good. Honestly I can't see a compelling reason to choose meat if there is a cheaper, similar tasting alternative. Hopefully it only gets better from here

[+] 1 user Likes pumpkinbreeze's post
I don’t really care tbh

But surely in the grand scheme of things it’s not good? Cos if that becomes the new normal, tons of farmers are gonna lose their jobs

And what are we gonna do with the surplus of cows

[+] 1 user Likes Benbrookmannn's post
Imo we should just shift to a more vegetarian diet. I'm not saying we shouldn't eat meat but just eat less meat, like only on special occasions and not on a daily basis

[+] 2 users Like pnnrr's post
I'm all for lab grown meat if they can get it on a realistically viable production scale and it tastes decently similar.

I think I'm willing to give up some quality of flavour for more ethical meat at a reasonable cost/availability. It's not like I go out and buy prime steak every time I want to make anything anyway. Probably fewer potential "side effect" issues as well since you don't need to deal with animal antibiotics, prion diseases, etc.

Same as others above, would not mind eating so long as side effects are non-existent and the like.

I really wanna give it ago as long as its safe

i wanna try it