arrow_upward
Looking for a dog
Thinking about getting a dog… not to big, not to small. Medium sized. Family kind, doesn’t have to bark / be a guard dog. What would you recommend?

And if you have a dog, what breed and why did you prefer it?

You should look into getting a border collie

Get a blue heeler, they’re great dogs. Only thing some would consider a downside is they’re super energetic as they are working dogs bred to work cattle and livestock. I’m here’s a pic of my pup, she’s a German short haired pointer/ blue heeler mix and she’s the best/smartest dog I’ve ever had. She weighs around 50 pounds and is a blast to play with! Her names Kaya.[Image: 0-C521-AA9-41-BE-4-F8-F-9-FE6-C28634-F87236.png]

[Image: 11585-DA7-D5-A9-40-CA-8994-1-E36-E1593-ED5.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Kaya95088's post
Robot dogs are easier to clean up after.

A bull dog is a good option

Most of the dogs already mentioned are pretty hyper breeds. Another hyper breed that's fun to have is an Australian Shepard. There are sooo many medium sized breeds though, do tons of research to find the one that fits the best for you.

Shiba Inu. Very intelligent and also lots of energy.

If this is your first time raising a dog you should find a breed that learns quickly and doesn't require big amounts maintenance. Breeds including Shiba Inus, Huskies and many other high-energy dogs require tons of attention and are a pain to train without proper experience training and raising dogs.
Also, remember that the origin country of the dog breed is where the climate is usually best suited for that dog.

Golden retrievers are a bit plain but they were bred to be friendly and it shows. Might be too large but they are somewhat easy to maintain.
Personally, Cocker Spaniels are what I'd prefer. Friendly, adorable and fast learners. Requires frequent walks but that is only healthy. The most important aspect of family-friendly dogs is more how you raise them and who previously raised them.
If they don't socialize much in their puppy years they usually won't be that friendly regardless of breed.

Not sure what else to recommend, as choosing one is mostly personal taste, but It is better when choosing a breed to know what not to pick than the other way around.
I'm not an expert on dogs though this is just from my experience.

A beagle, they are very friendly

How's the Pomeranian?