arrow_upward
More fair way of giving Contribution points?
I have been on here a few days, created multiple quality threads, so I'm finally in the positive, after initially (as others have mentioned) making the mistake of thanking on other posts which totally killed my reputation.  Even after this and with some good feedback from people, I have still been unable to open ONE link posted by anyone besides me. Is the point to flood the forum with a bunch of threads listing the same old links that get shared all over the place, or do you guys have any interest in us that try to make fewer, perhaps more niche, quality collections (by pulling content from multiple sources, cleaning it up, creating mega accounts exclusively for this site)? 

This would perhaps not be such a huge issue if I was able to pay for a premium subscription, but alas, spent hours on that unsuccessfully, on top of spending hours uploading to new Mega accounts I shared here, and I have yet to download a single thing from this site Sad

[+] 5 users Like tosvus's post
I delete 10s of these threads evryday, and yet I chose to approve and answer this.

*I* feel the system is more than fair. Once you have a good contributor rating, its super easy to keep. If you join this site with the intent of getting 1 free piece of content, and then choose to ignore the welcome PM message that clearly tells you not to spam, then that's on you!

The system is in place for 1 simple reason, to stop leeching. If you join with the intent on being a part of one of the largest communities in our niche, trust me its more than easy to keep your rating in check (forget about it).

Unfortunately, it only after people have screwed up their rating that they decide to "do things right" and then have to dig themselves out of a deep hole they have dug themselves in.

If you can come up with a fairer solution, I am open to it, till then this stays...
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

[+] 3 users Like Lucifer NightStar's post
Thank you for your response. After reading everything I could find, I am still not clear on what constitutes a good enough rating to start being able to open links? I was -40 after making my mistakes, it is now +5, but the link I used credits to show still doesn't allow me to view it. Thanks again

UPDATE: Finally google pay worked so I'm an Onyx member now! Smile

[+] 1 user Likes tosvus's post
Maybe im a noob that dug its own hole but it seems to me that the system is not fair or rather its built do get people to pay for upgrades (only have the option for crypto so i cant even do that)

Not saying it´s wrong, if you provide a service you are free to charge for it, and people will pay if the think it´s worth it.

What i´m saying is that it the forum should be more honest (for the lack of a better word) about it.

Also a sugestion would be for contribution points to slowly raise over time with forum participation.

[+] 3 users Like Uni01's post
The only "complain" that i have  about this system is that is not that clear for newcomers.

I didn't know until really stop and read things (could be me just being dumb for not paying attention) but  i think could be a little more intuitive for new members.

[+] 3 users Like Danklordmemester's post
I agree. It is not very clear. It does feel a bit baity because it states to reply to the thread to see the content, then requires using credits, and you're still blocked out. It should provide a proper warning. All the rules state is it may prevent you from accessing things, but it doesn't tell you that after unlocking a post, you still won't have access after using credits.

It doesn't tell you that you basically lose your credits if you don't have enough contribution points. I think there should be a warning that tells you that unlocking will still not provide access, so don't waste the credits. Or there should be a way to refund the credits if access is not granted. And then someone can unlock it again when able to.

Even though the welcome message explains some things, for a newcomer, it doesn't exactly state how things actually work until you get your feet wet and it may be possible you get in too deep. I can easily tell you how to trade stocks and options, but without getting your feet wet first, would you actually know how to? You really wouldn't know how to without doing it first and mistakes can easily be made.

And how does it distinguish carefully thought out responses or threads versus a spam post? There are some people who are extremely active in forums that post hundreds of messages a day and are not spammers.

Regardless, I understand the system is the way it is for specific reasons, but it feels like it just makes everything disadvantageous for most newcomers. I feel maybe there should be some first time exception or something to see if it is even worth staying or paying for the premium as well, since how would we know if the links are even valid (not broken) or the content is even legit or good in the first place?

Well that's just my 2 cents and as mentioned, I understand why things are the way they are. But it definitely can be made more clear or improved.

[+] 4 users Like darktaojun's post
its easy to keep if you put atention and focus. Is it that good to aim only for hardcore users?

This makes some sense tbh

this system should be changed maybe into a different one?

How'd you get Google Pay to work? It's not even an option for me. The only option after clicking the upgrade link is entering CC info.

that true lmaoo

I also feel very confused with the system. Even creating a good thread didn't change anything. Whole spend credits to view thing is hella confusing. First thing you see on the forum is that you need to register to view any links, second thing you see is that you need to like/reply to see the link and once you've done that now you need to spend 10 credits(which you don't have). All of that leads to completely unnecessary posts under the threads that don't have anything to do with the thread itself cuz people can't even view whats inside and just reply some random shit. I completely understand that you want content to be exclusive to the forum, but the system that you have now is very unclear and leads to bad experience.

[+] 2 users Like Emanonik's post
I feel like reputation and credits make sense, contributor level just needs a bit of tweaking.

I think the system makes sense. It just would be nice if it were a little more transparent from the outset.

[+] 1 user Likes bigd650's post
Yeah, the main problem is the lack of clarity.
The system asks you to register.
Then to leave a reply.
Then to spend 10 points.
And only then is revealed that you need to post things to gain enough reputation.
It feels fishy.
The system makes you go through so many hops for nothing, and it's not about having to pay, it's about hiding it, asking for a bunch of different actions, and even then not giving you access without posting "original" content, that is usually behind a paywall, that is probably the reason why you are here in the first place.

[+] 2 users Like ConcernedInspector's post
I have contributed with 5 albums and now have 54 contributor points and STILL can't even download a single album. It's honestly just straight up stupid and the nonsense about it being easy to upkeep contributor levels is bullshit too. Ofc it's not easy when it probably takes 20 uploaded albums to download one.

I honestly don't even think you actually can download an album and ultimately you'll be forced to pay for a membership.

[+] 1 user Likes Abdi Eliasson's post
Yeah this is. But stupid

my friends it saddens me to say that i must abandon my search for the holy grail. i have been deceived and betrayed, misled by words in red frames that asked of me ten golden ducats and now i see no way to climb out of this pit of debt. the pittance of dollars asked of me is one that i would be willing to pay to remove the bounty on my head, but without any incentive (1 free download) or indication (file size) as to whether this is truly the holy grail i seek and not one that i already possess, i have no choice but to accept my demise and abandon my fevered pursuit

farewell

[+] 1 user Likes poasld's post
So one of the main "problems," if you will, is that when you first discover forums such as these, you're opted to look through the threads, only to realize that it states to "post and spend credits." It took some time, and additional reading to get an understanding of what it is, and what makes sense. While yes, the rules are there, and the reasoning behind it is too, it requires the person to go out of their way to read through the messaging between the lines. Not a complaint, more so of an observation.

I mean yeah the site is for free and we're trying to get content for free that others have paid for so it makes sense.