arrow_upward
Will VR take over the gaming industry?
No it won't take over, I think it will always be an "add-on". It will get much bigger though as the tech improves

to put it simply, yes

nah ttoo expensive and requires space to move

unless it improves a hell of alot and becomes extremely cheap, i doubt it

I remember when 3d technology first came around everyone was saying that it s gonna replace traditional tv and here we are. I think it s gonna pass at some point.

someday it will, it is a new era of the gameplay experiencing!

i hope so. has sooo much potential

someday it will, and i think it still quite expensive and troublesome for normal player for to set it up now. but it undoubtedly will add more fun interaction in the future.

I dont think so imo

VR most likely won't take over the gaming industry simply for the fact that it's hard to program games in VR. While yes immersing yourself in a game and being part of it is one of the coolest things imaginable it's just too much work for it to go full on taking over the place. PC and console games are probably going to stay on top since they're a lot easier to make and reach the widest audience. Not everyone has a VR set but a PC or console is needed to run VR in most cases so the general audience is most likely going to stay smaller since not everyone with a PC or console has a VR set at the ready. As for what I said earlier about the workload, that would probably be one of the biggest problems besides the audience factor. Hardwiring movement directly to the movement of a person is bound to break some things, this coupled with the fact that pretty much all VR sets don't have remotes with joysticks so movement is going to be hard to implement without them.

When it becomes more affordable, and easier to use maybe, but not as it is