arrow_upward
Will there ever be a Mario killer?
Will Nintendo or some other company ever create a mascot and type of game that starts to outsell and out perform Mario?

Honestly don't think it will happen anytime soon. Mario is so well known around the world. For that to happen Nintendo needs to seize production or something along those lines

Not without a massive paradigm shift. Every other company that has tried, failed. For that matter, Nintendo kinda failed as well with some of their other characters. I think the history that gave Mario the perfect slot to be such an iconic gaming mascot is pretty much impossible to repeat, and if something happens that he falls out of favor, there's probably just gonna be a bunch of smaller mascots, kind of like how Sonic, Kirby, and others are right now.

mario is legendary, i dont think it can ever be replaced

Mario is so iconic and well-known that I don't think anything can outperform him in popularity.

Literally don't think so, Mario is so well known and its just a classic game for many years.

Mario is the GOAT its simple satisfying gameplay, will never be topped only duplicated

Mario has been around fir way too long for it to be take over, the next closest thing to a Mario killer would be like pikachu but not anytime soon

i hope mario will come with a new game

Sooner or later but I don’t see it happening

Sort of like Pikachu used to be for Pokémon but now they seem to be doing eevee as well