arrow_upward
Jump to page 
Contributor level
Thanks for the explanation. Would be nice to know how much is added/deduced with what action.

[+] 1 user Likes skrrskrr's post
Seems like an interesting system.

[+] 2 users Like smithers69's post
It is but should also take rep into the level imho

[+] 2 users Like cloud429's post
Lucifer NightStar Wrote:Ok without going into too deep an explanation, because the precise algorithm is a trade secret, let me break down how the "Contributor Level" is calculated.
  • You get Positive Points for Making a New thread

• You get Positive points for replying or making a post in the NON-Leaks Sections

• You get Positive points for every single like you receive on your posts

• You get negative points for making a post in a leaks section. This includes Nudes/Social Content Etc.

• Viewing Threads has ZERO effect on your rating.

• Buying or clicking links has ZERO effect on your contributor rating

This rating is simply a measure of how much you have contributed to the site. Making a reply to "get points" to unlock content is not contributing. Making general discussion in non-leaks section is. The gains from posting content ie. Making Threads is much higher than making posts. Making spam posts just to "get points" simply to unlock content is not contributing. This is why a lot of users who simply sign up, make a lot of posts in the Leaks Section just to see thread contents, have very low contributor ratings. The system uses custom metrics to detect how much a user has actually contributed to the site. Which is why, you can bypass it completely by Upgrading your account, which is an entirely different way to "contribute". 

All in all, it is just another way to keep the site clean from scrapers, and spammers, and unlike many sites, our links stay up longer, because of these measures. I hope that clears things up.
Thanks for the clarification, might not be a bad idea to have this stickied somewhere (if it already then sorry I'm blind and couldn't find it). I did the same as OP and was frustraded to be roadblocked by another site mechanic I didn't understand.

[+] 1 user Likes ledividel's post
Lucifer NightStar Wrote:Ok without going into too deep an explanation, because the precise algorithm is a trade secret, let me break down how the "Contributor Level" is calculated.

• You get Positive points for replying or making a post in the NON-Leaks Sections

• You get negative points for making a post in a leaks section. This includes Nudes/Social Content Etc.

This rating is simply a measure of how much you have contributed to the site. Making a reply to "get points" to unlock content is not contributing. Making general discussion in non-leaks section is. The gains from posting content ie. Making Threads is much higher than making posts. Making spam posts just to "get points" simply to unlock content is not contributing. This is why a lot of users who simply sign up, make a lot of posts in the Leaks Section just to see thread contents, have very low contributor ratings. The system uses custom metrics to detect how much a user has actually contributed to the site. Which is why, you can bypass it completely by Upgrading your account, which is an entirely different way to "contribute". 

All in all, it is just another way to keep the site clean from scrapers, and spammers, and unlike many sites, our links stay up longer, because of these measures. I hope that clears things up.
great and simple explanation man, thanks for explaining it to us

[+] 1 user Likes nexusbang's post
thanks for the simple explanation man

thx, good explanation for newbies, like myself

[+] 1 user Likes darrens's post

thanks!! i really can't understand what is the contributor level is about lol

Is combolists considered the leaked section?

How many credit is it to upgrade? And how would I do that?

BobbyC9822 Wrote:Is combolists considered the leaked section?

How many credit is it to upgrade? And how would I do that?
Idk about the upgrading but I've posted in the combolists and it negatively impacted my score. its not in the leaked section so according to this post it shouldn't tho

[+] 1 user Likes Noneyya's post

Thank you for clearing this up.

Wish I would have known this in the beginning.

This thread actually is really helpful, wish I saw this before I joined/ started posting, should be stickied somewhere

Ahh, good to know. Thanks!

Very useful info

This is a great explanation, thanks! I like that it was tagged in the FAQ too.

Came here for the same information. Good to know. I should also read the introductory message, I guess!

wish i'd seen this earlier. thanks for explaining

Thanks for the explanation. Glad I saw this before i started posting. Good to know.

Halflifebarista Wrote:Thanks for the explanation. Glad I saw this before i started posting. Good to know.
Question - do you lose contributer points for purchasing content with credits?

No only replying in the the leaks section loses points.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

Jump to page