arrow_upward
Jump to page 
Contributor level
I really like the idea of measuring contributor level to reduce leeching, but I wish I knew more of how it actually worked or was counted.

Also, I recently used credits to unlock a post with some content I was hoping to see, but apparently my contributor level is too low, so I still can’t access it.  Are those credits now lost?  And is there a way to see beforehand what level is needed to access content?

The way I understand is that credits are used to unlock posts. Once you have "paid" using credits, that content is unlocked forever. Also that post will become available to you once you get your contributor level out of the red.

Ok without going into too deep an explanation, because the precise algorithm is a trade secret, let me break down how the "Contributor Level" is calculated.
  • You get Positive Points for Making a New thread

• You get Positive points for replying or making a post in the NON-Leaks Sections

• You get Positive points for every single like you receive on your posts

• You get negative points for making a post in a leaks section. This includes Nudes/Social Content Etc.

• Viewing Threads has ZERO effect on your rating.

• Buying or clicking links has ZERO effect on your contributor rating

This rating is simply a measure of how much you have contributed to the site. Making a reply to "get points" to unlock content is not contributing. Making general discussion in non-leaks section is. The gains from posting content ie. Making Threads is much higher than making posts. Making spam posts just to "get points" simply to unlock content is not contributing. This is why a lot of users who simply sign up, make a lot of posts in the Leaks Section just to see thread contents, have very low contributor ratings. The system uses custom metrics to detect how much a user has actually contributed to the site. Which is why, you can bypass it completely by Upgrading your account, which is an entirely different way to "contribute". 

All in all, it is just another way to keep the site clean from scrapers, and spammers, and unlike many sites, our links stay up longer, because of these measures. I hope that clears things up.

[+] 502 users Like Lucifer NightStar's post
Great explanation, thank you!

And I agree, it’s a good system.

Thanks Lucifer for the clarification, now everything is clear

I do think it’d have been good to know the negatives about going into the red prior to doing so.

Lucifer NightStar Wrote:Ok without going into too deep an explanation, because the precise algorithm is a trade secret, let me break down how the "Contributor Level" is calculated.

• You get Positive points for replying or making a post in the NON-Leaks Sections

• You get negative points for making a post in a leaks section. This includes Nudes/Social Content Etc.

This rating is simply a measure of how much you have contributed to the site. Making a reply to "get points" to unlock content is not contributing. Making general discussion in non-leaks section is. The gains from posting content ie. Making Threads is much higher than making posts. Making spam posts just to "get points" simply to unlock content is not contributing. This is why a lot of users who simply sign up, make a lot of posts in the Leaks Section just to see thread contents, have very low contributor ratings. The system uses custom metrics to detect how much a user has actually contributed to the site. Which is why, you can bypass it completely by Upgrading your account, which is an entirely different way to "contribute". 

All in all, it is just another way to keep the site clean from scrapers, and spammers, and unlike many sites, our links stay up longer, because of these measures. I hope that clears things up.
thank you for explaining this

HomeyHomes Wrote:The way I understand is that credits are used to unlock posts. Once you have "paid" using credits, that content is unlocked forever. Also that post will become available to you once you get your contributor level out of the red.
thats nice to know, that my credits havnt just been wasted

I don't understand how i can't even buy things with my contributor level? does it need to be at least a positive number?

Interesting. I'm brand new so this is good to know. . Thank you.

never knew this. great way to reduce leeching.

thanks bro we apreciatte your effort

Thanks for this explanation

Lucifer NightStar Wrote:Ok without going into too deep an explanation, because the precise algorithm is a trade secret, let me break down how the "Contributor Level" is calculated.

Thank you for the explanation. Much more clear now. Maybe post this somewhere else so everyone can see it?

Thanks for the explanation, still sort of unclear how credits relate to reputation though, is it just 1 credit per positive post?

[+] 3 users Like slothotter's post
Thank you , but at which limit one is considerated as low contributor

[+] 1 user Likes lgmmdlssd's post
Understood, thank you lucifer as I'm a new member of the site this gave me a good explanation.

[+] 1 user Likes LazyScissors's post
Thank you for explaining this

[+] 1 user Likes thisoneiguess's post
Thanks for explaination

[+] 2 users Like Cerebro112's post
HomeyHomes Wrote:The way I understand is that credits are used to unlock posts. Once you have "paid" using credits, that content is unlocked forever. Also that post will become available to you once you get your contributor level out of the red.
Thank you. New to this forum. Trying to understand how to positively contribute.

[+] 4 users Like tsupremo's post

I'm new here so thanks for the explanation!

[+] 10 users Like bobrobloblaw's post
Jump to page